#FlashFictionMagic: Story in Verse


Beep, beep
“Is he still asleep?”

Fake it, fake it
“Yup, not awake yet.”

Maeve? Maeve?
“His sister’s pretty brave.”

Gone, gone
“She finally knows he was wrong.”

Wait, wait
“You know, it’s not too late.”

Stop! Stop!
“I’m just here as a cop.”

Leave, leave
“Now that I don’t believe.”

Cuffed, cuffed
“I’m clearly not enough.”

Trapped, trapped
“We both know that’s crap.”

Glance, glance
“Well, look who’s out of his trance.”

Close, close
“Our favorite thorny Rose.”

Fright, fright
“Relax, now. That’s right.”

Flight, flight
“You’ve had quite a night.”

Rage, rage
“Watch the rib cage.”

Pain, pain
“Remember jumping from the train?”

Screwed, screwed
“You’re one lucky dude.”

Tug, tug
“Yup, those are on snug.”

Sneer, sneer
“And Maeve isn’t here.”

Shout, shout
“If you want to cut out…”

“Go! Go!”
“Nate, I don’t know.”

Strain, strain
“Jonah, use your brain.”

“Nurse! Nurse!”
“I’ll just make it worse.”

“Doc! Doc!”
“Go see her and talk.”

Twist, twist
“You’re sure I won’t be missed?”

Scream, scream
“He’s just letting off steam.”

Shake, shake
“And if this is a mistake?”

“Go to hell! Go to hell!”
“Trust me. All will be well.”

Fight, fight
“I really hope you’re right.”

“Let me free! Let me free!”
“She loves you, you’ll see.”

Nope, nope
“I live in hope.”

Injection, injection
“You have a connection.”

Sleep, sleep
“Keep an eye on this creep.”

Beep, beep
“Get your girl, man. He’ll keep.”

Comments

Popular Posts